Monday, January 12, 2009

Ultimate Romance

Divine Romance is a product of divine love through its service. True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is the concern for one's well being of ones companion. It is an intentional action to cultivate, express and repair love within a relationship. My husband despite my recovering torn up body has made me feel very special this past week. Not only has he held me while I cried, but has cleaned wounds in not so pretty places, taken pics at my request to document my healing so I can visualize that I am actually healing, has catered to my cravings at odd hours, has reminded me daily that he enjoys my company by just hanging out near me, by tracking my meds and fluid levels and taking care of the kiddos. But tonight he went above and beyond, Kendra wanted to sleep with me tonight. She wanted to be on duty if I needed anything during the night. He also wanted to be there so they got into a she was my Mommy first, but she is my wife. Type banter, not a bicker really as neither got nasty about it but I felt in the middle as I knew it was going to be up to me to decide. I simply made the comment I really feel in the middle here, I wish we had a King sized bed honey." To which he replied "don't it is okay, I will sleep on the couch and I will have my phone with me, call me if you need me." How romantic is that? He knew I felt bad and gave of himself knowing it was not going to go his way and he was not going to sleep with his wife. Honey, you are awesome. Thank you for that. I love you. That was so much better than a box of chocolates and you know how much I love that!

No comments: