Wednesday, January 14, 2009

360 cc's. Wow, what a relief!!!!!!!

Well, today I saw the surgeon and to my surprise he said it had liquified enough to drain some. I was totally convinced it was harder than ever and he was going to be put me off again

but much to my surprise he said nope we can drain some and look again at it next week to see how you are doing. Well after 4 vials full of hematoma I asked how much more is in there? He raised his eyebrow and said more than you would think. Two more vials came out and he said that does it for now 360 cc's total. Which meant not much to me until I converted it. The formula from oz to cc is as follows;
1 US fluid ounce = 29.5735296 ccso
8 US fluid ounces = 236.588237 cc

so it is about a cup and a half of liquid. That meant more to me and would explain the pressure and the I don't feel well symptoms that resembled the flu. No wonder I could not get comfortable enough to sleep. But the relief was immediate and I already feel tons better. I ache tonight but I have done too much today. We are on a marathon to keep Zoe awake and sleep deprived for her full MRI tomorrow. After my doc appt, we did a quick run to Sams, then to TJ MAXX (as I am now allowed to move from my binder to tight biker shorts and top) then to Chuck E Cheese as we have accumulated tokens and thought since they closed at 10 that would be a good late night activity for everyone. Then on to the hotel and pool which stayed open to midnight. and now we are doing all to keep her up till 2 as she may only sleep a total of 4 hours before the test. Breakfast opens at 530 so off early to it we will be, then swimming again. Her appt starts at noon so it will be a long night and morning.

But back to the biker shorts and top. I was told to get them tight like I poured myself into them but can still breathe. I have been trying on and weeding out clothes this week and appear to be comfortably in a 12/14. However, the biker pants are a 6/8, a medium and they look tight but not digustingly so at least that is what hubby and Kendra said. I asked Ken, would you be embarrased to be seen out in public with me and she said no. So it can't be too bad. I think the last time I saw a 6 it had an x after it and I must have been 8. I doubt that this will be my true size in real clothes but who knows.............maybe one day......... Please say some prayers for Zoe.

No comments: