Sunday, January 11, 2009

Genealogy, bruising and sounds of sloshing

To keep me occupied my husband pulled out the genealogy that we started several years ago that his brother saved to floppy discs..............which are now just junk since none of the computers in our house use a floppy. I, at one time had 5000 family members researched and connected to the tree but then hubby went to Korea and I had my gastric bypass, then Miss Zoe joined our family and it never got picked up again. We had purchased copies of birth, death and marriage records from my hubby's area of the country and so had a good place to restart..............John knew if he got me back into it my mind would get busy and I would keep my butt still and in bed like I am supposed to be. I so hate not getting up to do things..........or being able to pick up a toy or something that has been dropped on the ground. For instance, on two different occasions of my getting up and moving around I have seen a strawberry hull on the floor in the kitchen but can I get it NO can I ask someone to pick it up yes, but I feel like I am constantly asking them to do more pressing things like change the baby, get me a drink, help me to the bathroom, put the kids down for a nap, give meds to the kiddos, etc. The strawberry hulls will still be there and are not hurting anyone just driving me nuts knowing I usually take care of those little things everyone else seems not to notice.
I have seen every color of the rainbow on my body from black, red, purple, gold, green and blue. It has been a very colorful week. Itching like crazy which I can only take as a good thing and when it gets too bad I give in take a benedryl and sleep for a bit. The sounds of sloshing sounds awful on the left side when I move around but is exactly what the doc wants to hear...........it is the liquid inside that he hopes to drain on Tuesday. I hope the right side sounds more sloshy soon. Only 48 hours to my appt.
John is happy as he just gave me an update and the Steelers are winning.

No comments: