Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cocktails, tears and full heart

Every 8 hours, things line up that I take 4 meds together, and the concotion starts me to tears within minutes. I do not feel sad just very loving to my crew and grateful for such a great hubby and kiddos. Now I may feel differently if he were to be deployed or if things were not good in our marriage or if anything were not right within our family but I am blessed that all is well. So I would not say this is depression by any means just emotionalism. I have taken this opportunity to have him hold me and take the girls into my arms and pray with them while in this state. I do not look forward to that 30 minute tear session but know hubby is here to hold me and let me cry it out in his arms. One of the 4 meds I quit taking this morning and another will be completed by morning and so hopefully my cocktail of the remaining two will not cause this reaction. I see the doc on Tuesday so all changes can be made then. Heating pad is now my friend for my right side as it has more swelling than the left. But overall I feel I am doing well. Still keep us in your prayers.
so a bit of a followup.............we ended up at the doctor's a day early as that little bit of swelling turned into a blood clot the size of a..........no not marble, not golfball butthe size of a orange this morning! and tender to the touch. Ended up he removed so much from that side that the blood had pooled and he debated to put or not put an extra drain in but thought well in less than 1% will we have problems. Well guess what I fell into that percentage pool so on Thursday after warm compresses continuely to help liquefy my orange he plans to drain it. I think the pain would be very very minimal otherwise. I feel only slight discomfort in the other areas...........
on the plus side today...............I bought some new undergarments and am pleased that I can when all healing happens wear pretty, frilly colorful items no more grandma bras and panties for me. but in the meantime sports bras with no seams are a comfort item.............and come in many pretty colors too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not just black, beige and white......but turqouise, hot pink, and red!

No comments: