Wednesday, January 21, 2009

home again, home again

wow, let's see. The past two weeks are a blur. Mostly drug induced due to the surgery but also cause it was a busy busy time. Zoe had her full MRI....no results yet and I am not waiting patiently but nothing I can do about it. Seizures are happening mostly on the right side now....they have slowed down but still happen occasionally so medicine has been increased which increases her personality. OH JOY!!! We spent two nights in a hotel up in Savannah which was really really nice and it helped keep our sanity and saved us from exhaustion as we had been told Zoe needed to be sleep deprived on night one for her test. We went to Chuck E Cheese until 10 then swimming until midnight. Well I observed as I still have open wounds but I did sit up with them. This was the same night they removed 360 cc of hematoma from my right breast and I was feeling really good. Zoe did awesome at her MRI, she did not even flinch when they gave her the iv. She did not like being put to sleep and fought it though. The same look she gets when seizing crossed her face and it disturbed me but she quickly relaxed and all was well. We returned home on Thursday took Ken to her breathing test to see if Asthma is still an issue and it appears that at least while in the South it is not or she has totally outgrown it. YEAH!!!!!!!! Some good news there. We returned to NC to retreive our vehicle and had a good weekend. I did too much walking on Saturday as I accompanied Jenn to register for her baby shower. I did experience a Five Guys burger and am now hooked. Wish we had one here locally though. It was YUMMY! On Sunday we drove to Tim and Chris's in Charlotte..........only a two hour drive and we planned on having lunch with them and to leave after that to head home. Tim convinced John to stay overnight so he could watch the Steelers play. So we were able to really catch up in person. Leah and Kendra took off to do girl things. They have been friends since they were 3. and Janay took my littles under her wing. I remember when she was Danielle's age running around the yard naked giggling. She thinks it is cool that Danielle has her name as her middle name. I spelled it differently as the spelling made a bit of a difference in the meaning and I wanted it to mean gift of God solely. but in essence it is the same name. So Monday we made the trek the rest of the way home and I still am recovering. I went back to the surgeon today and next week he will remove even more hematoma. I knew I have felt discomfort this week and that all did not seem out of there. Evidently he expects to remove as much as last time next week if I am a good girl, take it easy, massage and keep a heating pad on it. I also was told to keep my feet up more. The rug burn sensation around my tuck line at my hips is scar tissue stretching and from nerves waking up. The swelling is starting to go down and hopefully will disappear totally tomorrow. Okay I know that is not realistic but a girl can hope. The size 6/8 pants are actually not as tight as they were. I doubt that will be the size but again I can only hope. John said honey, do you think since you have been wearing them for a week they might have stretched some? After receiving a dirty look he kept quiet. They are biking pants and do stretch but even after coming out of the dryer they honestly went on easier. I did not have to pull up as hard to make sure the torso went into them. It felt kinda cool. Give me my moment people.............I have not since a size 6/8 on this body in many a year. Probably the last time was when a I was 8 and it had a kids brand name on it. or it had a 1 before it. So now we are home again and waiting for the next wave of activity to hit...............John returns to work tomorrow so hopefully a schedule will soon fall back into place.

No comments: