Tuesday, January 27, 2009

here we go again............

One of these days and hopefully soon, this will be back to my normal upbeat thought provoking blogs. But for now, it is simply our health updates and such. I returned again to the surgeon today and they removed another 150cc's of blood from my hematoma. I now have orders to come back on Thursday to remove more if need be. They put me back on muscle relaxants and pain killers as the discomfort wakes me up at night and the inability to stand up straight should have eased by now. They think it is from the pressure of the hematoma and will now stay on top of it so I do not fill up will fluid that causes the extreme pressure. I even busted two stitches from the pressure. but was again the relief from the aspiration was wonderful. and hopefully I can sleep all night tonight.
The doc said when I am released to do things again, I should start seeing significant changes in my swelling and size. He said until I can get out of the bed and move around I will not see much progress in the actual decrease of swelling. But until the hematoma is gone, I am still restricted.....not even allowed to pick up Danielle yet. This is getting old. He said it could take 6 to 12 months until I lose all the swelling. UGH that is a long time.
Zoe's med has been increased by .5ml to 2ml twice a day. So far no seizures in the last two days so hopefully she will remain stable on this. Attitude is still an issue but she likes the taste of the medicine so taking it is not a problem we have to deal with. At least that is something.
She turns 4 in two weeks and wants the Princesses for her birthday. I think we plan to indulge if I can find a decent priced hotel with breakfast as Disney has great deals including free tickets for the military these days We do not want to look back and say we should have. I know Sudep is rare but odd that I know someone who has lost a child to it only to have my seemingly healthy child diagnosed with it just a little over a year later. I think that will always sit as a what if on my shoulder and influence my decisions with her. and to think we actually met when Jack was born and she needed a breadmaker as he had food allergies and she had to change their diet some so she could nurse. Funny how God brings people into your life that you need and how when you are open to the little things and nudges from him, your world expands. I did not wish to give up our breadmaker but we really only used it occasionally and I felt she needed it more. My heart just burst with the fact that she was doing this for her child. I loved that about her before I even knew her. and now that I know her better, that is only the tip of the iceberg Jenny is one of the most special people one would ever have the priviledge to know.
so anyone want to join us on this special trip for Zoe? It is an open invitation..........

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I thank you for your kind words. As Jack is still allergic to dairy and soy, the bread machine is used EVERY day. And I think of you each time I prepare safe food for my son. I know God had us meet for a reason and I am blessed to know you.