Friday, January 9, 2009

blood clot, itching and lots of sleep

Okay, folks here is a quick update. I have a hematoma the size of an orange possibly now a grapefruit. The doc was hoping to drain it yesterday but it was still solid and had not liquified enough to drain yet. So I go next week to hopefully get some relief from the pressure it is bringing to me. Other than that I have some major itching from healing which is a wonderful thing. The doc gave me some basic bendryl for that as at times it gets so bad I could scratch open my stitches and not even care just to have some relief. It seems to have done the job but has made me rest a lot more. He fussed at me for not taking the muscle relaxants and pain pills until I feel the pain........he said to take them every 4-6 hours to ward off the pain. Personally I do not like to take things until it is needed. Being a mom of three, I do not want to chance any addiction to anything so only as needed is my goal. I think once the pressure is removed from the blood clot I will not feel any pain just some minor discomfort which is no big deal. I think John has a new respect for me staying home with the kids. They are driving him nuts as he can not keep up with them and the laundry, dishes, diapers, feeding and medicine schedules, etc. He says he is anxious for me to get better so he can go back to work and relax. Overall I think he is dealing pretty well ........he just has a new appreciation of what my days entail and that is a bonus!!!!!!!!!
ok enough for now.......I am sleepy again. Love you all. Jerri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I haven't checked in with you in awhile but felt led to tonight (actually it's early morning). I'll be praying for you. I know you've been there awhile and have already-established friendships. Have you been involved with PWOC there? I know some of them and wonder if you'd need help anytime soon.

God bless you and yours.