Saturday, September 6, 2008

Treasure

Zoe and I were the first to recognize God had turned the lights on today. So we slowly crept downstairs in the attempts to let the other kiddos sleep without disturbing them. She of course then asked to watch Dora......so we did together. Dora's adventures today took her through a jungle, then through a (draw)bridge and then to treasure island. Zoe immediately wondered what could be in the treasure box and we started naming things. Toys, chocolate, jewelry, and then she surprised me and said Dani Raybus (she meant Travis). How that warmed my heart!!! To think my 3 year old thinks her little sister is a treasure. AWWWWWWW. I, of course quickly confirmed that yes she is! as are you and Kendra too. That was so sweet Zo-Zo you are a great big sister.
Then Dora's adventures began.............I missed the jungle scene as my youngest treasure heard the theme songs for Dora and wanted up out of her crib now also. Diaper change and sippy stopped me from getting back for that scene. However, when they arrived at the bridge it told them that there is only one way through it. (Sound vaguely familiar to anyone?) John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life:no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." then Dora and her crew were warned of the foggy fog with the words "when you are in the middle of it -it is hard to see where you are going" and then of the rocky rocks "be careful you do not crash your vessel into them". (LESSON They needed to steer their path around them) finally they arrived at their destination and were appreciative of the help they had received along the way. I like it when I can pull a lesson out of a show to point my kids in the way Christ would have them to go. I just wish it were as easy when we are older.

All this reminded me of truly how much my daughters are treasures...gifts from God..............but honestly I have only been entrusted to their care. Kind of like the Matthew 25:14-20 story about the talents. I want them to grow in their knowledge and love of the Lord our God to help when these foggy and rocky times come (as they will). I want them to share this love with others in order to reach the lost. It is really more like preparing them to be gifts back onto God. Pleasing and a treasure onto Him.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I like what Gibran writes about how we guide our children...
"You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let our bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable."