Wednesday, September 10, 2008

4am

Let me just tell you I am exhausted. I can not sleep more than 3 hours in a row and that is not enough to curb the tiredness. I even took my newly prescribed higher doae of sleeping pills and still woke up at 3am. I eventually gave up and came downstairs and logged on the computer. Amazingly one of my college roommates was on and we bantered back and forth for a bit. She also was having trouble sleeping. I slept fairly well when John was home but not now. Not sure if it cause I now shoulder all the household responsibilities or what. The brain just will not shut down at night. This morning I eventually made some hot tea and toast and crawled back in bed with a book. I read half of the book (FAITHFUL PARENTS, FAITHFUL KIDS)before getting sleepy again. It was very good and I see it being a help as we raise our kids. I finally fell back asleep about 8am for an hour. Thankfully the littles slept in too. I tried to nap when the littles did today but neither ever fell asleep. Now we are attempting to get them down but neither appears to be tired. Sometimes I think kids should come with a standby or off button or even preprogrammed to sleep from 9-6.

1 comment:

Peyton's Mom said...

Sweet girl --- I've had insomnia since the Reagan Administration & all I can say is I'll keep you in my prayers.....

{{{hugs}}}