Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rest

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour

1 Peter 5:8 KJV

__________________

The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Revelation 12:9 NIV

__________________

No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

2 Corinthians 11:14,15 NASB

__________________

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

James 4:7 RSV

If you have been reading my blog lately, you will come to realize that I have been made to rest. During that time, I have been reading, reading, reading. Books like Faithful Parents, Faithful Kids....... The Life You Want Your Kids
To Live..... The Bible........then I have started and am in the middle of a series by Bryan Davis called Dragons In Our Midst. (My hubby read these while in Iraq and brought them home and asked for more and said these are keepers for our collection)Kind of a Christian fantasy take on spiritual warfare laced with lots of Biblical references. This piqued my curiosity so I picked one up and was unable to put it down for long. I digress some......sorry......but the series is good. So onto church this past Sunday, we learned once again of putting on the full armor of God. Heard it before.....same old story but this time something gave me pause to stop and think. The comment that we as Christians need to prepare as the election is near and we could be headed directly into trouble clicked with me. I personally feel there is only once choice at the elections........the other scares us to death. If he wins he will play a major role in our lives as my husband is military and will be called to do his bidding. YIKES!!!! BETWEEN THOSE TWO.......I can only vote for one with a clear conscience putting aside all personal feelings and after spending time in prayer about it. I have downright fear and anxiety over one of them. So along with this Sunday morning message.......Kendra's Bible Studies have been on Angels and how they are ranked and what we know about them. Her questions and learning have tied right in with my gut that this is a time to prepare while not in battle for times ahead. To me it seems that we are on the verge of a time when we will need to have our whole suit of armor on. As I do not think we will be able to rest for much longer.......... We have allowed prayer to be taken out of our schools, we have allowed the words in God we Trust to be removed from our money, we have moved our government away from God and his directions..no more posting of the 10 Commandments in government buildings...will we continue to move our country away from the things of God. Just remember that although one can spout Bible verses........do their life choices follow suit? Even the devil can quote the Bible!!!!!!!!!!!! are you ready for what is ahead?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great post! Thanks for stopping by my job and letting me know your are here. I really enjoyed this reading.

I've been reading the Supernatural Ways of Royalty (Kris Vallatone) and A W Tozer's Pursuit of God.

My husband may be out of town for 6 months working were hurricane Ike hit so ... I may have lots of time to read on my hands! I'm all right with that - more time with the Lord - I have my husband for our lifetime - you know!

Anyway... Enjoyed reading today so I will be back! Blessings.