Monday, September 1, 2008

Serving God

On Sunday we had a family Bible Study about Joshua and how he was so concerned that after he died the Israelites would turn from serving God and start worshiping other idols/Gods. One of our exercises was to come up with ways to serve God this week. Many things named/listed fell into the serving others category. I, then needed to explain that although sometimes serving others does also serve God we need to be careful with that and not look to others for praise or appreciation. If his message is not being spread in some way shape or form it is not beneficial to the kingdom of God and then a waste of our time and efforts. If our true intentions are to serve God, we should only seek his approval and guidance not people. In thinking back over our study I was convicted. Many times, my serving has started out with right intentions and motives but I have hung on...... after I should have passed the torch on to someone else. The inability to let go and let God handle something he started is very difficult at times for me. I was able to use this in the education of my kiddos and to help them see that no one is perfect and we always have to strive to obey..............and I was able to confirm that no it is not always easy but always worth it. Striving daily to be a living testimony to my kids. Always finding more work to be done within myself................ it's a never ending process!!!!!!

No comments: