Thursday, September 18, 2008

quietness

Things have been quiet here....mostly cause I am wiped out. We have not done too much extra learning besides the normal classroom stuff as I have been sleeping a lot. About every two hours I doze off. Thank goodness the kiddos nap that gives me several hours in the afternoon to do the same. On Monday, I saw the Oncologist and for the most part we got good news although he did order further tests to make sure his initial feelings at looking at my numbers, my history and a quick physical were correct. He did say though that I will have to have blood transfusions every 6 months for the rest of my life and B12 shots every couple of weeks to sustain my body from damaging itself since it cannot absorb the iron and b12 on its own. Wow. But it is doable. and the first one will be this week. Maybe I will actually feel like tackling that long list of things to do to prepare for the holidays, John's homecoming and our next military move. Orders in hand and looking forward to a change! Since I love discovering new things and areas I am looking forward to it!

But quietness has been good. I have actually enjoyed telling people that I have backed off and so in so is now working with whatever it is.......FRG, Freecycle, Angel Food, even the church's food pantry. UGH. It makes me tired just thinking about it. The kids have seen more of me. Yes, they saw me the same amount before but now the phone actually rings less and they actually have me for some of those defining moments. Kendra and I have some pretty insightful discussions, Zoe likes to have several books read to her at a time and Dani well she needs someone to constantly look after her (and now I am really here to do so). She will sit for about 15 minutes quietly to watch Dora or long enough to glance at the pictures in a book but she loves to go and do. This time of quietness has allowed me extra Bible Study time and I like that. I needed recharged...... physically, emotionally and spiritually. Quietness can be a good thing although it is SO unlike me. As my very full schedules in the past have shown.

No comments: