Tuesday, October 7, 2008

things kids think.......

in scouring cookbooks today for our dinner tonight. I was glancing through the African American cookbook since Kendra is learning about the colonial states and the civil war, etc........... I came across a recipe called dirty rice that looked interesting. It stated it was from the New Orleans area and became popular among the south as it was a cheap and easy meal to make as it can be made with leftover pieces of meat/sausage. So I decided that is what we would have for dinner tonight as I had everything already on hand. Zoe heard me say we were having dirty rice and started crying. I quickly figured out what the problem was and made sure she saw me rinse the rice so she would eat dinner after I made it. However, at dinner she was still concerned that it only had a quick shower and not a bath with bubbles and did not eat much! She thought her tummy might hurt since it was not clean. The things kids think of......

No comments: