Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sunshine Quilt



My hands have not been idle this week by any means...........iron transfusion took a whole day (again) it seems until my numbers come up into a normal range the every 6 months thing is somewhere in the future. I was an 8.3 this time though! I will be glad when hubby is home to take me and watch the kids......cause sitters and gas money for a driver is costing us an extra $100 each time. Christmas is around the corner we need to be watching pennies. UGH.
But the real work is Zoe's Christmas present from Mommy. In consideration of all the stuff they have and our upcoming move. I decided each girl would get a quilt for Christmas from John and I. Although he is not here to physically help he did work to be able to afford the materials. Zoe has seen me working on it and keeps coming over and tells me Mommy, I love you working on my quilt and kisses the material. She is so loving.
We chose the sunshine design (Grandmother's Fan) cause she loves the colors of orange and yellow. I call her my sunshine girl as her smile lights up a room. The top of her quilt is done..I now have to layer it and back it but decided I would do that after the other girl's tops are done. Danielle's is all cut out and the tops are being pieced together. Na was interested in learning how and helped pin and sew last night. She learned to make a 4 square..........Kendra will help tonight as we start piecing together. Each of the girls have picked out a pattern. Kendra, of course, had to create her own. Now, I just have to draw templates out for it. It will be cute but is going to entail learning some things and more purchases which have to wait for payday. I really like that the girls are enjoying this and wanting to help. Even Zoe has been trusted with scissors. (She cannot do any more damage to her hair and the threat of what will happen to Christmas presents has her scared to leave the table with the scissors). Zoe sits next to me and trims the strings. All able and capable hands have had a part.

No comments: