Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mustard Seed Faith

Two days ago I spoke of still having faith but not feeling God close. I still kinda feel that way but need to dig deeper or divulge more. I do have faith at least as much as a mustard seed although I feel it is more than that without boasting too much. God has proven himself to me and sent people my way the last few days that would seem unimaginable to some. Only God could have done that. My role model growing up was a young Christian singer named Evie Tornquist. She was VERY popular long before Amy Grant, Rebecca St James, etc... My family was aware of her at the start of her career as my Dad took the photographs for her first albums. I adored her. I remember being this little bitty thing riding my spring loaded toy horse in the basement singing to her albums. I am sure I slaughtered her Norwegian album as I sang along with her in my own way but it also was one of my favorites. I sang along with all the albums....each one of them for many many years........until the lp's became no more and her albums could no longer be found (even on cassette) as she had moved on to being a wife and mother and other ministries. This past winter even her Christmas album got eaten by my vehicle's stereo system. But guess who popped into my email with a encouraging note. She responded to a fan mail blog I wrote about her on some website and personally responded. Someone I really have never had personal one on one contact with yet she wrote to me! My Dad had contact obviously with her but that was many moons ago..maybe 30 years??? She was so instrumental in helping develop my young relationship with God by attending her concerts, watching her everytime she was on TV and listening to her albums over and over and over. Just when I needed it most, I heard words from her that were very encouraging. I once again stand amazed and in awe of how God works. The faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain. I have many mountains that seem to be in my life at the moment.......none that stand between me and my final goal of obtaining a life on the streets of Heaven but some that seem to be blocking my view and bringing me closer to my final goal than I would really like to be at this point. The scenarios of what if's still run through my head but until all test results are back I feel I am stuck...........with the feeling of not progressing........and that I guess is where the stand quiet, be still and listen comes in. I do not like to stand still..I always have 15 things going and enjoy that tremendously. I do not like that I need to sleep in the middle of the day EVERYDAY. Thank goodness for nap time and that my littles are little enough to do this. It is so very much needed these days. But with my mustard seed faith, I leave it all in His hands and know he has a plan and trust that whatever it is he will see us all through it.

1 comment:

Peyton's Mom said...

(((hugs)))

Know that you are in my thoughts & prayers.....

Email me --- what's up with your other girls?? The FES gals...did I miss that??

Cuddle up with your babies --- give them a HUGE hug from me & just rest...