Friday, August 22, 2008

13 Things to do on a Rainy Day t13-Week 8

With Faye breathing down our backs, the sun has not visited in several days. No outside playtime affects not only my little ones but me as well. I love to be outside. It also affects the condition and cleanliness inside my home as the two littles just do not pick up well behind themselves yet. What am I talking about....not even my 10 yr old is great at that yet. so I am thinking up a list of organized things to do

1. bake cookies and allow the littles to decorate
2. watch a movie
3. paint with water colors (maybe even collect the water from the rain)
4. read a good book (any suggestions?)
5. practice A B C's using a pan of sugar
6. straighten up the bookshelf
7. play trains in the garage with the girls
8. make a crockpot meal that is warm and filling....to counter being cold and damp
9. bake bread....the smell is so family friendly and homey
10. write a letter that you have just been meaning to do but never get around to it
11. Devotions- sometimes these rainy days could be God's way of getting us to pay more attention to Him.
12. cuddle with your family. Time goes by so quickly and they grow so fast before you know it they are out of your house with kids of their own. The cuddle times will soon be over.
13. Send some letters or packages or homemade goodies to a deployed soldier. They love getting mail!
I can provide some addresses if interested!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: