Thursday, July 17, 2008

Preparations


Yesterday, I decided to start some preparations for the girls arrival.......Yes, I know I have been weeding but little things like dresser space, etc.....needed to happen also. I was able to clean out two complete dressers for them after all the weeding I have done the past week. We also went to WalMart last night and bought them each a new pillow of their own. Who wants to sleep on someone else's pillow. I don't.....YUCK! so they each have a new one without anyone else's slobbers, feet that have been on it or dust mites. After making that statement maybe I need to switch out all of ours...
I started weeding out toys also so that the garage does not look so messy. I could probably spend A WEEK out there sorting thru the totes we use for storage but the kids area needed done badly. I took a whole moving box out of toys even Dani has outgrown now. She never did like baby toys........and I had Kendra sort her Barbies etc and get rid of any with bad hair or her least favorites. What a difference that made. I actually think the dog cages can fit out there now! and still have a laundry area, a play area and a storage area. Double garages are great for that.
It was a good day..we babysat two little boys last night that were just darling. Kendra is preparing to babysit in the near future and is getting some practice under my watchful eye. She has always been great with her sisters and helps me constantly with them but knowing what to do for someone else's kid is another story. She does not like nor wants to change a boys diaper yet. A little more maturity in that aspect has to happen or she just needs to suck it up and deal with it.
I think we may work on welcome home signs today..........and welcome to America signs and finish up the toys in the garage...and work on laundry too. UGH busy day ahead.

I taught Zoe to do the one handed sign for I love you and she has it down pat now and is thrilled about it. You should see her smile.....hmmm...I think you will let me grab the camera and take some pics.

No comments: