Monday, July 14, 2008

Junk in my trunk

Recently I have been on a kick to remove clutter and excess from our home. After my fire in 1998, what I did not need I immediately disposed of. My thoughts were if I do not need it it will only serve as kindling. The only thing I did keep was clothes for Kendra to grow into. Everything else went.....until I got married and then I realized more kids could be in my future and then I starting keeping stuff I knew Kendra would grow into and then out of for more possible little ones. This had started a trend. And we have dragged stuff from military house to military house. My husband has been the same way with some things. Yesterday I removed 4 (make that 3 as one was threadbare towels and sheets and stained washcloths) bags of things I have never used....last week I removed 7 bags of clothes from weeding out the girls closets, dressers etc. It helps that they are almost in the same size now. Except shoes...big difference there yet. Today I am going to tackle my room....all those clothes I have no need for or do not see myself wearing after my upcoming surgery are going to go. I have no idea what size I will be after they remove my excess skin but I figure it is about 4 sizes smaller. Seriously! I can squeeze into a size that is 3 sizes down if I pull my tummy up or fold it in. But I can not breathe, move or sit down and it is by no means comfortable. Gross huh? So without it in the way, I hope for a smaller size like maybe a 10. So I am in the middle of shedding many unwanted things. In the process though, I appear to be making a mess of the room in order to declutter. But the upstairs girls room, the bathroom and the linen closet are now done. Today it is my room. Then tomorrow we start downstairs!!!!!

No comments: