Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Growth spurts

As I kept weeding through the clothes trying to find some warm items for my kiddos, I came to the conclusion that they are just not there this past weekend. Why, you might ask-not even for Danielle? Nope, you see I realized that going into this past summer Zoe was wearing a 18month still some 24 month but only for length in some items. She started the summer wearing some 12 month shorts of her sisters still. I promise I do feed the child but she seems to prefer oranges, apples and salads with cheese over too much that could pack on the weight. Even drinking milk is a challenge with this one. It seems though this fall, she has grown much taller but not any in girth. She needs a solid 3t but the waists must have tight elastic or they will come down. Now little Miss Elle is built a bit bigger (and I do mean a bit as she is still petite too) and started the summer in some 12month/18 month clothes...........although almost 2 full years younger than Zoe she now is already in a full 2t..........which we did not have any of. We skipped that size range entirely for warm clothes. YIKES. So after posting a request and responding to a fewon Freecycle, we came up with a small collection of winter items and a ton of summer things............thank goodness winters are short where we are and it will be warm again shortly. However, with Daddy coming home Mommy wanted some nice special things to meet him at the outdoor ceremony to keep the kiddos warm since it will be at 5 in the morning and temperatures are in the 30's at that time. Also some nice things for Christmas pics and a possible trip north...........still waiting the possibilities on that one until we see the neurologist. I think when John sees a seizure actually happen he will lose his interest in going north............but maybe not as his Dad is not doing well either. We have been told that he has been having mini-strokes due to a possible blood clot in his neck. I think I have been down this road before with my Mom's mom but maybe that was a clot in her head? I vaguely remember her head being shaved and living with us for a bit. I was little.....7 or 8 I think. She learned to talk clearly again, write her name, etc...........while with us. I hope he does not have to do that as he will not be a patient patient. Not quite his style of dealing with things.
Looking back at pictures of the kiddos when John left, man have they changed, Dani was a new walker still quite the baby. Now she is a independent toddler and riding a tricycle. Zoe was a toddler......now looking like a little kid and quite different with her short do.........man is it growing out weird! Some spots seems to be on miracle gro and others seems to need fertilized. Thankfully it is winter and while outdoors we can throw a hat on her head. and Kendra looking like a kid when he left but now she is being mistaken for a teenager. She has the curves and all that already. She was wearing a kids 12 at that point and now a Juniors 5/7. and sharing my shoes. The kid is going to be tall.........to be wearing a size 9 1/2-10 at her age. YIKES. Hope her feet stop growing soon. cause I like sharing shoes with her....it doubles the shoe wardrobe.

No comments: