Friday, November 28, 2008

Things that go unnoticed

Tonight as I was wiping down the front of the cabinets after our cooking adventures with the girls this week, my thoughts were that no one would notice that this had been done. They would notice however, if it were not done (in time, anyway). The build up of gunk would eventually be noticeable to all who entered the domain of my kitchen. Causing one to shrink back with thoughts of ewwwwwww........yuck if left undone. Keeping up with 4 girls...........1 still in diapers, 1 back in pullups cause of the seizures, and the bigger girls who are typical teenagers......is a constant battle.
Just like the little things in a Christian's life. The extra time spent to clear away the little messes or the build up may not be noticeable to others but sure can be seen over time if not dealt with. The extra prayer sent up over a situation or the few minutes to read the Bible are not noticed on the scale of daily activities. But over one's life those are the moments that count as they wipe away the gunk of the world from building up on us. The battle is to make or take the time to study, read, pray as the pressures of daily life can encroach on our personal time set aside to spend with God. Unless made a priority things can quickly start stealing into that time. Recently I have noticed that the more time I can spend with him, the more time I have....and the easier it is to deal with all the other situations. Only He knows all the situations he throws at me on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. Sometimes I feel like God and I are playing dodge ball. but if I allow them to overwhelm me or steal my time with Him, I know in time the gunk that would build up would be unsightly to others. Just like my cabinets, I prefer to take the time to remove the gook. Thank you God for helping me deal with the build up of gook in my life and help me to overlook and not judge the gook I may glimpse in others. I seem to be having thoughts in that direction a lot lately and am concerned about becoming judgemental. Help me with this Father as I so do not want to be as I know how it feels to be judged and know that only You are responsible enough to hold that position. Let me concentrate on my own gook and on you so that I may serve You better and be a good example to the kiddos.

1 comment:

Peyton's Mom said...

Amen sister...praying with & for you....