Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Love those Magic Erasers!!!!!!!

While wrapping presents today, my permanent marker came up missing. Since Danielle was sick and napping with Kendra and Zoe was assisting me...I figured it had disappeared under the neat piles I was creating. Ha ha......ok to be honest the total chaos more describes what was created on my bed. So it was much to my surprise when Danielle came out of the bathroom(not asleep!?!?!) (remember she is not potty trained yet) and shuts the door and takes off running when she sees me. I immediately knew something was up but when I went into the bathroom all was in order except I saw the missing marker lying closed on the floor. Phew, I thought and proceeded on with my day. About an hour later, Kendra says Mom the girls are going to be in BIG trouble...have you seen the back of the bathroom door? closing my eyes and saying a prayer and taking a deep breathe, I proceeded to see the damage that was done to the door. From my waist down, was a beautiful work of art complete with a circled letter B that Kendra was quick to point out to me. I am sure that was an accident as my little one is not a prodigy by any means) Only problem is it was on the door of a rental house and not on paper.
I had purchased magic erasers Monday night while grocery shopping and thought well, it is worth a shot and much to my surprise it took out the majority of the color. Now, it is a slight shade of very pale yellow on what is a white door. So much better than black and white. Love those magic erasers. This will be much easier to paint over at move out time.

and by the way,,,,,,,,,wonder why I was using a permanet marker instead of gift tags? Cause this same child was found pulling them off the packages and decorating her belly with them. Since I knew I may not remember what was in those unmarked packages in a few weeks which would determine who they were meant for.......I decided names in permanent marker in VERY big letters was the way to go.

No comments: