Sunday, November 9, 2008

I scared Mommy

Last night we completed our day with attending Disney On Ice's Mickey and Minnie's Magical Adventure. It was really good.......but near the end they had lots of fireworks and loud noises (Peter Pan scene). Danielle who was at that time sharing M and M's and a seat with Zoe, dropped the bag on the floor and came swiftly with tears to my lap and stated I scared Mommy and hunkered down pulling my arms around her. She was content to stay there and refused any more from anyone after that.
Made me compare this to me. During my scare, this little recent episode of you have abnormal blood cells it could be leukemia we need to run lots more tests, we will not open you up for fear of what it might or could do scare. Left me much like Danielle. Running to my Heavenly Father to rest in his arms. All other people or things did not matter so much. No one could bring me comfort like he did. During my resting on him time, we discovered my cells were not cancerous but suffocating. Pernicious Anemia brought on by my inability to break down food or vitamins after my gastric bypass several years ago. It had been going on for years, no one had caught or treated it and my cells had gotten so sick they were now abnormal looking. Like Danielle, I am content to stay right here in this comfort zone soaking up HIM. Not ready to move back out to serving others again. Danielle was the same way last night.... she no matter what Zoe said, did not want to share any more with her....not the seat, not the candies. Very similar to how much pressure you can receive from church members that have come to rely on you to do things...................then after a bit you get completely ignored. Zoe eventually gave up and continued on with the show. When the lights came back on Danielle still wanted Mommy but was willing to walk until the crowds got thick and pushy as everyone tried to reach the same portal. At that point, she gladly got lifted up and brought to safety up on my shoulders., where she could not get trampled on. Zoe a bit more mature and a little bit taller got buffeted by my body as we made our way through the crowds. Just a reminder that Jesus has done that for us too. Thank you so much Father for the time in your arms, reminding me of whose I am, and for the gift of your son, whose body buffets the penalties for me.

No comments: