Thursday, November 6, 2008

Quit touching me!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are a parent you may have heard this from your kiddos a million times. Can you just imagine the kiddos in the back seat arguing and whining Mom/Dad he is touching me again!!But have you ever said it? I found myself saying it about 20x this morning. Thinking back it started early yesterday. My middle kiddo seems to be going through some stage and is driving me nuts. I can not move beyond her reach without tears. I can preoccupy her for about 5 minutes before she comes looking for me. Privacy is of no concern to her.......she has followed me into every room of the house. I had to drag her hands off me to even get dressed. She slept with me last night, which did not allow me to sleep well as she tosses and turns and steals covers. I pity her future husband. I even woke up with her feet in my face at one point. I thought helping me to bake this morning would be a hands on activity with Mommy that would fill the desire but give me some space. BAD IDEA! Have you ever tried to measure with two little ones clambering and arguing to be on your lap and be the helper. I think this only heightened my frustration. Finally this morning, I promised her a Mommy and Me date if she could sit still and watch Caillou for the whole show. Since she loves going to get tea......at the coffee shop maybe I can breathe for a minute. So I am blogging and drinking a sugar free energy drink recouping for a few minutes. Please pray for this child and ME that she outgrows this soon or that December arrives quickly so Daddy can share in this clingyness. He will love it!!!!!!!! I love my kiddo but constant touching does get old.

No comments: