Thursday, June 5, 2008

WHAT A SPEAKER!

Despite being worried about my girls, I have had an awesome experience her at the convention. I was amazed and blessed to hear the stories of faith and God's handiwork in Africa by the legendary Harmon Schmelzenbach. He is quite the storyteller. A quiet man not very demonstrative and tells a story in a even toned voice. But the power behind the words is uncanny and you are drawn into the tales hanging on every word. You can tell he is a man of deep faith.
I have some things to think and ponder and pray over after this experience. It was certainly worth the effort to be here...........I even connected with some friends from college that I had NO idea were even down this way let alone PASTORING. How small the Nazarene world is. It is so wonderful to know that generation after generation of my family have had an integral part of spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ. My great-grandmother was a founder of the church I grew up in NJ, my great-Uncle was a missionary to Barbados, my father was a Song Minister and Song Evangelist for many years, My uncle sang in a traveling quartert. What a legacy left for future generations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES and Amen -- what a legacy!