Friday, June 20, 2008

No other Gods

I am participating in the study encouraged by LPM (Beth Moore) along with over 3000 other Christian women in the world this summer. It is amazing to me how many other sources are concentrating on similar themes also. Today this verse:
Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.

Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 NASB
was part of my daily inbox Bible verses to concentrate on. Our Pastor's message touched on a like message also. It reminded me that all things work together..even in getting a message across that we obviously need to hear these days. I am so concerned about America and how far removed from a God fearing community we have become. Many bad things have happened lately that are considered acts of God by insurance companies. Are others recognizing these as warnings from God? We have so many idols in our lives. We profess our worship to God and truly do believe we are..myself included............but then find we DO have other things we have turned into idols in our life..that preempt or interfere with true worship. This is a new revelation to me but I see as truth so still working thru my thoughts of which items I may not be holding in a proper position in my life.................
Anyone else on this same thought and growth journey?
The book I am using is by Kelly Minter........No Other Gods.......the leadership series. This version from Lifeway has thought provoking questions in the back that would be good for families, small groups or even a Sunday School class.

No comments: