Friday, June 20, 2008

Time to face the ch-ch-changes

in the words of a David Bowie song

Ch-ch-Changes
Pretty soon you're gonna get a little older
Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time

Today I turned 40........and many changes have and are taking place in my life.
1. I said so long to my friend Debbie yesterday. She is off to other lands literally. They will be in Germany for the next part of their military career. This is one of those friends whom you know you may never see again but if opportunity affords the chance you will drive for hours to ensure it happens. Her husband even said if you do not stop by to see Jerri before you leave she will hunt you down in Germany! We have communicated with our spirits and that is so much deeper than just an everyday conversation. I enjoyed our Bible Study and time together and will miss her greatly.

2. I have to run to WV to renew my drivers license without my hubby as his R and R has been delayed until August and that maybe too late for me on many levels

3. I will be undergoing surgery soon to remove my apron of leftover skin from my 160 lb weight loss. It is causing issues and is now annoying me enough to undergo the knife again. I also will have smaller and tighter girls in the process. Since John's R and R is now delayed these will probably be happening while he is home.

4. Around the same time as all this our Foreign Exchange Students will be arriving. One from Germany and one from Hungary. We are so looking forward to this new experience.

5. I have watched my 10 year old become a pre-teen this year. She just finished up cheerleading camp and really did great with it. The first day she was a bit timid but today she was head of the pack. She enjoys being thrown up in the air too. Quite honestly I was not sure what she would think of that.

6. My girl is going to pre-teen camp next week and will be gone all week. She went to children's camp before and did awesome. She really needs to get away for a bit. I rely on her a lot and she needs a break.

7. I am babysitting a little boy whose Mom just started coming to our church. She trusts me enough to ask instead of finding another sitter for those 3 days can I take her son with me on my trip to WV. He is going to go with us now. He is a little and falls somewhere in between my two littles.

8. John is back at the COB and enjoying being back to work. To my despair. He has such good ethics...........................

No comments: