Saturday, June 14, 2008

June 14, 1985

Well umpteen years ago now...........the year I was about to turn 17 so let's see that makes it 23 years now......., my Mom died at what was close to my present age. She was 41 and 7 months ............and now I realize how 'Young" she was. As I sure do not feel old but when looking at it at the ripe age of 16......... 41 seems like you are ancient. As I will be turning 40 this week......let me tell you it is not THAT old. Just wanted to memorialize my Mom today.......I do not think you ever get over missing your parent that passes on.....there is a hole in quite a few special things you do without them. Birth of your kids, high school graduations, weddings, major birthdays..........Wish she could have been here. I miss her touch on those kinds of things. she was a great housekeeper and our house was always immaculate..........so far from what mine is. But she only had one perfect child to keep up after. No choking on your food there people. Ok, cough....harder. There you will be okay now. Take a deep breathe and listen on.........In Mom's eyes I know despite everything she saw me as perfect and a gift of God.........isn't that what a Mom is supposed to make you believe? My children are just like me so I do not know how she did it. Must have been a saint in her own right. Love and miss you Mom!
ps if you wonder what my Mom looked like take a look at Angelina Jolie.........seriously. I have to dig up some pics and post one.

1 comment:

Peyton's Mom said...

Hugs, my friend.....

I miss my daddy so badly - father's day just isn't the same....

Big bear hugs for you sweetie....