Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Testify to Love

It's been 9 years.......a lifetime it seems at times, just yesterday at other times. I have thought a lot the last few days of the morning of Memorial Day 9 years ago. A day of many changes for me! I woke up in my nice warm bed at 3ish that morning to make a quick exit of my home with baby in tow. When the sun came up that morning, my home (apartment building) was no more. As we had just finished watching in pretty much burn to the ground and destroy almost all our earthly possessions. What I was left with was my beautiful 17 month old daughter, my keys to my car and my faith in God. The song Testify to Love by Avalon was just becoming popular at the time and I clung to it and played it as my theme song over and over. I knew that we were able to get out safely due to the fact that we were loved, protected and that I had help from above in our quick and rapid exit. Yesterday, as I was headed by myself to an appointment in Savannah. I was thinking over these thoughts and how sometimes a song can help remind us of good things and help us in our Christian walk. I remember feeling that at the time, I was testifying in my actions and words over those few months following the fire with how I reacted to my state of affairs and how relying on God to meet my needs allowed them to be met immediately and more fulfilled then I could ever have dreamed. I knew I was leery of moving back into an apartment and within 30 days, I was in a rent to own house. I had a house full of furniture and all our needs met. Prior to the fire, I was hardly making it from paycheck to paycheck. So while driving alone. the song "Testify to Love" started singing in my head and guess what song came on the radio? You got it! My song.........isn't God good? He was listening to my thankful heart and gave me a hug from above. Thank you once again Father.

No comments: