Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Govern everything by your wisdom, O Lord, so that my soul may always be serving you in the way you will and not as I choose. Let me die to myself so that I may serve you; let me live to you who are life itself.
— Teresa of Avila

Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,
For wisdom and might are His.
And he changes the times and the seasons,
He removes kings and raises up kings,
He gives wisdom to the wise
And knowledge to those who have understanding.
He reveals deep and secret things.
He knows what is in the darkness.
And light dwells with Him.
I thank You and praise You,
O God of my fathers,
you have given me wisdom an might.
And have now made known to me what we asked of You,
For You have made known to use the king's demand.


Lately, I have felt called to pray for the upcoming elections. I recognize our nation is in the middle of being lost to God. At least that is how I feel it is. We seem to be losing our way with each passing generation. The God of our Fathers is no longer called upon by the masses in making decisions for our country. My prayer is that whomever is elected is raised up by God to that position. PLEASE PRAY WITH ME!

No comments: