Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A ringing phone

Earlier than normal in our household the phone rang this morning. Although I went running for the phone. I was upstairs about to get in the shower and the phone was downstairs in the kitchen. (why are they never where you need them) by 3rd ring it goes to voice mail. I spotted what number had called...a local government number. HMM...the hospital calling to remind me of an upcoming appointment perhaps? Then the phone rings again as I am listening to a hang up. I amswer to hear my hubby's voice. Immediately my heart jumps into my throat. Oh no what has happened...is he okay? He sounded tentative on the phone. Oh no what is up? mere seconds tick which seem like an eternity. He soon gets to the point of his call..
It was a call about the JAG appointment a no big deal call. Well really it was a big deal call but not a life threatening....stop the heart and breathing call that I first thought it was.
If things were not so chaotic and uncertain over there.....instead of the immediate fear that jumped into my body when I would have heard his voice it should or would have been filled with complete joy. Funny how circumstances can change your response to things. I need to be more aware of that and how I react in the future cause I think it sounded like I was not happy to hear from him at first. I made sure to let him know how good it was to hear his voice and that I sure do love him. When we talk later I am going to make it known how surprised I was.......It ended up starting the day off great. How fortunate I am to be able to talk across the ocean to him.........

No comments: