Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What a day

Today was one of those days that tredged along....nothing especially good or bad happened.... but at what is close to the end of the day, the house does not look like a tornado hit it and my sink is shining. Today was one of those days where so far I had it all together......we even made our WIC appt on time and I had a few moments online with hubby I was able to get to the post office to mail off some Valentine items to some little ones I know that needed a long distance hug and run by to check on an ill friend. Rarely does the day go so smoothly that something does not get shoved to the side or back burner. I sit here hoping that I may actually make it in bed sometime before midnight as child #1 is almost done with schoolwork. She even was able to play outside with a new neighbor for awhile. We have learned to split her day. A few hours in the morning/nap time for the littles and a few hours at night. She seems to grasp the material at night more than working during the day. Usually that works out best and then we sleep in in the morning (since hubby is deployed we no loner get up with him at the crack of dawn=Pt at 5am). Although when he comes home our schedules will readjust accordingly so dear do not worry. Have to tell you how much I enjoy an empty sink. Thank you Flylady for your tips. I cannot possibly do all you suggest daily but when I apply your housekeeping tips they do work for me. If I had a learner that was more independent I cold get more housework done but since I don't the tips do help handle all the chaos. Imagine what the house would look like if I could stop and apply all her tips. You might actually be able to open closet doors without taking cover when doing so.
I even have everything ready for the Angel Food Distribution on Saturday since I am the one over it at our church. Today was a YEAH ME day. But today was an extraordinary day and I expect tomorrow to be a normal day with a house full of kids, dog, puppy and hamsters...today was a nice reprieve as I expect tomorrow will be back to our normal ZOO atmosphere. But today was a nice break so I may actually be able to go to sleep without the thoughts of oh no I was supposed to do this too..........better get back up and do it. That tends to happen about 4x as I prepare to fall asleep every night. So hard to be organized when my hubby is not here. I miss you so much honey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello there! what a nice surprise to get one of deb's other friends to pass through my blog!! you're welcome anytime; do you visit often? if the orders for savannah do come through, we're ready for it! we're in atlanta now, and this is our home. we've always been up for the adventure of the change in schools and churches and jobs, so this should be interesting. we hope to know something within a couple of weeks.

thanks for your encouraging comments. ~ melinda

Anonymous said...

hey again. thanks for leaving such an encouraging comment about a time of service, rest or play. the next move could change how we do certain things as a family, and even though we're up for the challenge and adventure,it could definitely be a change of pace (and ministry opportunities.)

thanks