Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I've been tagged!!!!!!!!!

okay Beth tagged me today and I am supposed to list 7 little known facts about myself. Kathie formerly tagged me and I procrastinated. Sorry woman!

1. I was adopted as a 4 day old infant. I was born in West Palm Beach, Florida and was the product of an extra marital affair. I met my biological mother in 1998................and found out she was 40 at the time of my birth. We do not have a relationship. I have a half-sister and a half-brother. both were in their teens when I was born.

2. My Mom.....my adopted Mom died the week I turned 17 and my Dad remarried 9 months later. Which was also my senior year in high school. Quite a challenging time for me as he also required me to start working. My cat also died and he gave away my dog. I know without a doubt that God will not give you more than you can handle and man did he stretch me that year!

3. I used to have a holier than thou attitude and thought about many things that I would never do that ...........guess what I think every situation I thought that of God put me through it or I did it all on my own anyway. I have learned Never to say never as God has a sense of humor and must be saying OH YEAH, WATCH! while chuckling to himself

4. In May 1999.......I lost almost everything I owned in an apartment fire. It is an amazing story and quite lengthy. I woke up in the middle of the night with that immediate realization that something was wrong and that I needed to move. I was on my feet before I knew it and headed to the front door as there was a light on in the living room an eerie glow that should not have been there. When I arrived at that point I saw my living room on fire. I went back and grabbed my baby who was almost 18 months and headed to the door. As we were a 4 unit building I pounded on my neighbors door across the hall and headed upstairs to the two families upstairs. Our unit was very close and almost like extended family. Once they opened the door and I said you got to get out we are on firs. or whatever I may have said. I headed back down the stairs and out the front door only to hear them collapse behind me. The neighbors had to go out windows and out their balconies in order to escape. The fire marshall a few hours later when questioning us ....made me show him my arms, feet, etc, as I did not have a singed hair on me or any burns whatsoever. He could not understand it at the time. Within the week I ran in to him at the Billy Grahamn crusade where he was head of security and I was working as the head skiptracer for the commitment cards that are turned in for follow up. When he saw me his only comment was "Now, I know how you got out of the fire unscathed" God really taught me is all you need is him and I am so thankful he spared my daughter and I.

5. I met my husband online by using a Christian dating service called Christiancafe.

6. I would love to have more children as they are my most precious blessings but I believe we are done due to my medical issues. Hubby got snipped because of it.

7. I used to weigh 340lbs and knew that I would not live to see my eldest daughter turn 10 if I did not lose the weight. Gastric bypass saved my life and helped with many of the other PCOS issues. It was my answer to prayer.

okay guys Tag you are it.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Hi!! I just realized that you left a comment on one of my posts a little while ago. Actually, looking at the date, I guess it was yesterday, which is funny because I don't usually check the notification emails very often. Anyway, I pray your husband is safe and will get to come home soon!

SandyQuilts said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your children are adorable. T&P's for your DH who is deployed and for your family. I hope there's a quilter mom/sister/wife who has started organizing for their homecoming.

Anonymous said...

interesting tidbits about you - thanks for sharing! too bad we're not headed to savannah. looks like we're on our way to korea! and are very excited!