Saturday, February 2, 2008

Greatest Show on Earth






4 free tickets..... and my two littles were still small enough to be lap buddies... so I offered to take two of my friend K's family along with us.........since I had 4 tickets and only Kendra and I could inhabit only two of them.... I only had two to share so they had to work it out between them who would go as I was not choosing nor knew who might even be interested..... So it worked out that I had four extra hands to help corral my little ones. Yippee for me I knew that would make it more enjoyable and taking the older girls would make it more enjoyable for child #1. The show was great (like the name) and had lots to include all ages.......child #2 liked the preshow where she was able to dress up like the "princess" as she called the show girl in the all too skimpy outfit. (But I tell you my 3 year old loves to run around naked and I have teased about her being a nudist someday so if she aspires at this point from this interaction to have this future job at least she will be running around more covered than I presently expect and I will have made progress in the right direction!) Child #1 is getting in that pre-teen stage where it was good but no specific favorites. Child #3 I fear liked the distinguished gentleman that sat in front of us the best. I was pretty entertained with the big cats.....one was not quite wanting to obey and seemed rather grumpy and slow to respond to her orders. I was engrossed in what would happen and not quite paying attention to the happy baby in my lap. She was happy and bouncing and I think it took a couple of swipes from her before I realized she was bopping this poor guy in front of me on his head. I apologized profusely and he was very gracious and reminded me that he was a father and not to worry about it. and soon as the poor gentleman turned around she kicked him in the head. He laughed-----I was devastated but what can you say to a 12 month old besides NO! firmly and remove her from the temptation so she was handed off to Amie but was not happy there and began screaming. Eventually M&M's won her over but after being shared with her sister (the other chocolate loving toddler) they were gone all too soon. So Mommy had to come up with something else....cotton candy! I struck gold but all the kids loved it and it did not last long either. Thankfully a doggie show came on that caught all their attention and the poor gentleman was able to catch a few uninterrupted moments of the show without having to deal with a baby beating him up or screaming behind him. K's girls seemed to have a good time and took lots of pictures--maybe their blog will have pics up one of these days. As my battery died at some point.............I have some but they have more actual circus type pics than my family ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE, SO CUTE!!!!

I love the picture of precious child #2 & the hoochie mama!!

I hope there are more pics on Karen's blog soon!!

Looks like it was, indeed, the greatest show on earth!!