Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Searching God's will for our Family....

Recently I saw a Wednesday's Child special on TV...happened to catch it as I normally do not watch the news. Husband in Iraq...you know. No news on what is going on there is best as the concern for him could grow to exorbitant amounts. Would rather hear directly from him as to if it was a quiet day or not.
Back to subject so this stirred me to speak to John again about our future plans to foster and adopt. We have talked and prayed about it since we were engaged and knew that someday we would love to if that is God's will.....it has been in OUR vision to do so all along. We just wanted to do it together and planned to start the process when he returned from this deployment. However, in voicing my concern for this girl on TV...my hubby said go for it... start the process...how soon can we get her? Child #1 is so excited and already started telling everyone and is asking child #2 are you ready for more siblings? Do you want another sister? and planning on how we can rearrange kids and rooms to best accommodate more children in our house. So the children are all on board too so no struggles will happen with that.
I know we have enough love to share.........so bring on the kids.......
I have made the phone call and am now just waiting for the phone call with class times. As that is what starts the whole process rolling........I hope it will go quickly.....this girl may or may not be the one to come into our home. If not I pray she receives the Forever Home she desires with lots of love and family commitments she deserves. and that whatever child (ren) come into our home is hand picked by God to fit right in and meld well into our family. We want this child to be FOREVER a part of us and not some temporary thing.....although we are not against helping others temporarily I know it would be hard to take them in and then let them go. SO my dear friends please pray for us as we are endeavoring to do his will and pray that everyone is covered in prayer so that the whole future road follows his will and that our family is ready for the future changes that will be taking place.......


sidenote: John really wants us to adopt a boy! so if we are placed with a girl I know we will not be done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....keep posting updates on all of this please....prayerfully yours....