Thursday, January 3, 2008

Healing

Wow-yesterday a friend of mine that has been suffering badly from symptoms undiagnosed for what seems forever! Was diagnosed late in the year with Lupus. Painful to watch her struggle and still keep her upbeat, bubbly, optimistic, keep in light spirit. She did it with grace ALWAYS. Her deployed husband had missed most of this rapid demise of her ability to do things and I am sure although I was not present or privy to the info, that he was floored to see her in such pain and quiet suffering. I know I am digressing but you need to know the background for what is coming so bear with me.........
Well he came home at the holidays to visit ............after several days he attended a function with her and asked about visiting with the Priest for prayer on her behalf. They set up an appointment. They prayed and annointed her....... Well, do I need to go on??????????

ONLY GOD.......ONLY FAITH in his healing can bring the changes that I witnessed yesterday in her. She jumped up and down in my living room. This is the lady that it took 20 minutes to walk across the room and climbed the stairs on her hands and knees cuase she could not lift her foot high enough from step to step. The relief that I see in her face is unbelievable. She still seemed to walk a bit cautiously but the steps were not painful. After months of even slight movements hurting I would be cautious too. I am so thankful that she has begun to heal. I say begin as sometimes it takes our mind awhile to wrap itself around God's gifts. Just like with accepting God's love ------sometimes it is like really??? He loves me...how could he? I've let him down, I screwed up so.....I am such a sinner. Exactly why he loves us so....and died for us. I am sure being healed is the same way? Really? He did? How? why? is it real-will it last? Praise be to God for this wonderful gift for my friend...help her Lord to wrap her mind around it. Thank you father for loving us so........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's quite extraordinary - that's for sure......just being able to get up without having to think about it first --- no 'if I try to put my weight on my right foot, it's going to make me want to pass out but if I do it on my left foot, it'll make me cry' is soooo amazing.

I cannot PRAISE GOD enough for this, yet I've been real hesitant to blog it for some reason...?? I think I'll do that today though.....this is not something to hide under the bushel, I should be shouting from the mountain tops!! And so I shall!

Thanks for all the prayers - they have given me soooo much strength!