Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Fever

On Tuesday, I was chatting with John about feeling couped up and wanting to run away with him. We were trying to decide on his R and R time.....either April or July and the pros and cons of such. We decided on July but the desire to go was still rampant in my body. The weather has been beautiful and the green light was on in my mind to get away. This may have something to do with being stuck in the house for a solid week unable to drive due to my eye surgery. Now that I can see........the feeling became overwhelming. I did not have ANY desire to help Kendra with school just to hit the road and drive. So John, my dear hubby, knows I do this every spring and said go. Go down to Jacksonville for a few days. So we packed up after getting off the instant messenger with him and went. We came down to the same hotel we stayed at with him last spring as it has and indoor/outdoor pool and gives military discounts. The kids eat free and the rooms were nice. so is the staff. Today we went by ROCK SOLID and bought next years school materials and then spent the morning at the Jacksonville Zoo. The girls loved the animals and even got to talk with Daddy who called from overseas. I was able to put them on the carousal and enjoy a few moments on the phone uninterrupted. Then we came back to the hotel and swam before dinner. We will watch Lost tonight and then to bed for an early drive home in the morning!

No comments: