Saturday, April 11, 2009

B usy with Life

I have not blogged in quite awhile. for many reasons. Zoe had a bad bout of seizures one week in particular, we started packing as it looked as if we would never get orders and we were within 3 weeks of our DLOS date and I had NO Hopes of the Army moving us then. We testified in a session against our landlord as to illegal/unethical practices and still are concerned of rebuttal from those actions.............but we chose to as to put forth effort for no one to have to deal with that again. several other families were also at this session so we were not the only ones!!!!!!!!!
Our newly adopted puppy from the shelter seems to have a gift for diagnosing Zoe's seizures and has begun classes to a certification as a service animal. Facebook takes up a bit of my time. It is a bit more lighthearted and there are times I need that vs thinking deeply over what is happening in our lives. Zoe will be admitted for intensive monitoring this month. a 48 hour stay in bed........only up to go potty. Not sure at all how they expect to keep an active 4 yr old in bed!!!!!!!!!!!! I am expected to stay with her as I see seizures I have to tag her filming. but they will not provide meals so hubby will have to drive and deliver meals...........Medicines have been upped recently and mood swings seem to have calmed down some with this but a bad seizure happened that same night. ughhhhhhhhhh. Very tiring.
Now, orders have finally arrived and although only a few weeks out I can stop packing as the Army was able to get us on the schedule. YIPPEE. Now we have to see when we get housing! Hopefully it will be quick as the stable schedule for Zoe seems to help big time.
Kendra's Daddy and her family (well some, most but not all) came to visit for about a week. Michael chose to sign the adoption papers to allow John to adopt Kendra. PHEW. Did not ever expect that to happen but he did so willingly and although it was far from easy for him it will benefit Ken in the long run. so things are good but very busy.....................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...so many things I want to comment on but the thing that made my heart flutter was the part about Kendra's upcoming adoption!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praising GOD with you --- prayers for other needs, but I *KNOW* what that means to a family!!!!!! Love you!

Jenny said...

May you and your family have a blessed, happy Easter! I saw that you mentioned you are on facebook. Couldn't find you, but I would like to. Praying for Zoe and you! Love you, Jen.